Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Water Damage Tips Until Help Arrives
If your home or business near Oklahoma Christian University suffers from a water loss, leak, or flooding, it is important to know what steps to take until help arrives. First things first, it is important to call a certified water damage restoration company. SERVPRO of Edmond is only one call away and our team is highly trained and experienced in water removal and restoration! Secondly, it is important to know if it is safe to stay on your property or not.
Down below is a list of Do's and Don'ts to take into consideration after a water loss!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (405) 330-2095
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.